How to Pay Less Money for Promotional Products.
This inside information will help the business marketer learn how to save lots of money on their promotional product and trade show swag purchases.
We have been on the supply side of the promotional products business for over 20 years and what we are about to reveal here is without doubt inside information, heresy to the professional promotional products industry.
It’s 2019. Wake up people the internet is here to stay!
If you understand the history of promotional products industry you will understand that what I have to say makes sense. I will give you this inside scoop in short point form as I hate (and so do you) the long winded explanations.
- Before the internet was as big as it is in 2019 there was a strict accord between Factories in China (where ALL the swag is made) Promotional Product Suppliers (National Warehouses) and Distributors (local sellers of swag) . They all agreed to NOT sell to the public or private business owner (except for the Distributor, they are the only ones that will sell to you).
- Each step along the way every party in the chain makes between 40% and 100% profit. If you look on any traditional promo site see example you will see these ” coded letters” such a C, R etc. This letter denotes the profit/mark up. In fact I was able to find this post from a Distributor simply by typing in ASI discount codes in Google. Here is the proof!
3. This means that product (lets call it a widget for fun), the widget made in China that costs $2 is sold to a SUPPLIER for $3, the SUPPLIER sells it to the DISTRIBUTOR for $4.50 and then the DISTRIBUTOR sells YOU the $2 widget for $6 or more!
Why are you buying your promo this way?
Here are some alternate ways for you to buy and save big bucks!
Firstly let me say this. All of the companies in this list have not paid for placement nor do they know they are here. I am putting these up as its the right thing to do to help you save money.
Tradeshow8.com- Geek Swag
Our offering is simple, we specialize in factory direct trending promotional products. Things like folding drinking straws, folding coffee cups, POPz phone stands. Geeky stuff that is factory direct saving you tons of money. Go to www.Tradeshow8.com
Flash Drives and TECH
Sunjoy claims to only sell to Distributors and has coded prices on their site but it is well known they will “sell direct. To get Flash Drives for less go to https://sunjoy.us/
Custom Shaped Flash Drives and Power Banks
We came across this really great site and service that only deals in Custom 3D Power banks and Flash Drives. For custom shaped promos go to https://promocrunch.com/
T-Shirts and Logo’d Shirts
Perhaps the biggest scam in the busness is the t shirt. The average DISTRIBUTOR pays about $1 each for an order of 250 white t Shirts. Add an embroidered logo for about another $1 and voila they will sell you a T with logo for $9 each. To get right to the product source we like Cheap Tees.com https://www.cheapestees.com/
Would you like other solutions? Simply email us for info to [email protected]
Our best advice to you is simple. If you have a super rush order for a very small order. Let’s say 20 pens in a week go to your local swag merchant.
These good folks love to run around on orders and overcharge you for being late in getting your swag. Please note: if you wait a couple of weeks you can buy 250 of something direct from the factory for about the same price as 50 in a rush purchased locally.
Buy smarter. Ask us if we can get you a factory direct promotional products solution to meet your needs. Compare pricing and more importantly comapre selection of trending swag to what your local Distributor likes to sell, (they don’t call them pen and mug guys without a reason). Also, give yourself at least 2 weeks. Anytime you order something RUSH in promo, it comes at a cost to you!
How can Tradeshow8 help you to save money?
The most important bits of information we can offer are as follows.
- Factory direct from China to you or your trade show now is faster and easier than ever. Trade show 8 accomodates smaller orders and faster delivery with minimum orders of 100 and delivery of 8 days being our bread and butter.
- Stop giving away the same old same. Just because you have always bought cheap pens and given them away does not mean you should still keep doing the same thing. If it did not work last time its unlikely to work this time.
- Look for new ideas as that’s what people want. The purpose for promotional products is to get people to look at your logo and get the “impression on the clients brain”. Simply put the product is the vehicle for your logo. The more unique it is, the more your logo imprint will be in their minds.
“The purpose for promotional products is to get people to look at your logo and get the impression locked onto the clients brain. Better give them somethng cool or interesting!”
Here are our best sellers for 2019. Email for info [email protected]